Healthy hydration habits, starts early!
Healthy water drinking habits can be acquired in a very early childhood. At the age of six months, we can give small amounts of water to babies.
Take the Mr. FunWater Challenge
Save your participation prizes, as they would be use during the 2021 Semaine canadienne de l’eau, which will take place from March 22 to 26.
Promoting healthy hydratation despite the COVID, it’s possible!
June is the month of water, and with the heat that is coming up, you can get ideas from Mr. FunWater Activity kit, to conduct workshops with your toddlers, while respecting public health rules. With the exception of the last activity, all other activities can be done without any special adaptation.
Toasting to healthy hydration doesn’t necessarily mean bumping our glasses and water bottles together. It is possible to raise our glass in a festive and playful way, without touching! Here are a few ideas:
- Challenge your creativity and make up a short song to do together before taking a sip of water.
- Create dance moves with the children as a cheerful Tchin-tchin.
- No need to make it very complicated, you can simply shout out Tchin-tchin with the toddlers by lifting your water bottle in the air.
Download your tools!
Complementary tools for valuing water
A childcare service that promotes water consumption
Encourage children to ask for water regularly, one must promote its value and make it more accessible. Use this graph for inspiration.
As members of the educator personnel or if you are responsible for Daycare services, you play a key role in developing healthy hydration habits. You are a source of inspiration! Discover how to be a role -model of healthy hydration.
Other ressources to discover
The Gazelle and Potiron referenced framework, from the Ministère de la Famille, states that educational Daycares services must:
- favours milk and water for regular child consumption;
- encourage children to drink water and help promote optimal hydration;
- provide access to water for children at all times.